Saturday, November 22, 2014

Card Organization

Hello crafty peeps, I hope you are having a fabulous Saturday. Brenda here from Friends Craftin' with Friends. Today I have a two or three parter for you. I will bring you half of my project this Saturday and then next Saturday I hope to finish it up and show you the finished product. I don't know about you but I'm always late with my birthday cards that get mailed out. It's really been bugging me so I thought I'd make a book to place my finished cards in. With each month having a pocket for those month's birthday's, anniversaries, etc. Maybe this will help me get my greetings out to my loved ones on time. Hey stranger things have happened!! lol Besides it can't hurt to try, right?! So I sat down and designed on paper what I wanted to do. I figured I would keep my pages 8 1/2 x 11 inches and I would have two months on one piece of card stock, and I knew each month would have to have a pocket to hold the cards. Next I would need a place to write each month's dates on and whether it is a birthday or anniversary, etc...So I planned that out in Microsoft Word to be printed later and added to the pages. I got my pages assembled and started putting my papers on each month. I used The Paper Studio "All Seasons" paper from Hobby Lobby. I cut out my months with Designer Calendar Cricut cartridge along with the shadow. I took a 1/2 inch strip of white paper and stamped sentiments from Card TV Stamps. Some you will see don't have any stamping on it, that is because I don't have any stamps for that month. I will have to be ordering them from Mary to finish my stamping. Now what I didn't plan on was my binding when I stamped my sentiments. So some of my sentiments on the left hand side might get a hole punched in it. I plan on binding all my pages along with a front and back cover with my Cinch. I may or may be adding some additional decorations/embellishments to my pages as I go along. So this might turn into a three parter, so I hope I don't bore you!! I have Jan. - June for you today. This is just the page with the paper and sentiments done. The embellishments haven't been added yet, and it hasn't been bound. The Cardz TV Stamps used on today's pages are: Sugar Rush, St. Patrick's Day, Easter Punnies, Easter Blessings, and Think Spring. 

I hope to see you back next Saturday to see this more done on this card organization. I also hope this has inspired you to make a card organization book for yourself! And as always, your comments warm my heart so, so thank you for them. Crafty hugs, Brenda









1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting the Cardz TV Gallery!