Thursday, November 6, 2014

"For the Birds" Birthday Card

Hi Everyone...
How is everyone?  The weather has been so crazy here in Indiana.  It rained and rained throughout October and November is starting out that way too.  I don't know about you but the cool, damp weather makes me want to live in Hawaii LOL.
So this is my moms birthday month.  She will turn 81 on November 9th.  She's really an amazing woman.  She takes care of my dad who is 88 (will be 89 in January).  He just broke his hip in 5 places on July 23, she loves to refinish furniture, she's an amazing quilt maker and embroiderer.  She even does her own yard work (and wants to).  So, I made her birthday card for today's gallery post.


Cut from Miss Kate's Cuttables
Paper from Sheryl K


Be sure to check back everyday for more inspiration.
Also, stop by CardzTV




6 comments:

  1. OMG Your card is so stinkin' cute!!! Gosh girl WOW Your Mom is amazing Your story sounds like it should be on GMA and she deserves an Emeri Legasse BFAST in BED for Mother's Day!!
    I love your card and Happy Birthday to your Dad.....Gosh How awesome to have Parents that are such cutie patootie Seniors....THEY ROCK and so do YOU!! Love that stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love that little bird and the fun colourful papers you used. Great card! I'm sure your mom will treasure it. She sounds like a wonderful lady. Happy Birthday to her!
    Hugs,
    Lena - CardsTV Cards DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your mother is very amazing for sure!! I hope to still be doing my lawn care at that age too, love mowing the grass. Our weather bounces back and forth-rain, no rain, cool, warm, cold. Really weird weather patterns but it was weird all summer with a very cool summer. Yes, I am thinking I need somewhere tropical. Not sure Hawaii is the place, don't like the volcanoes but it might be nice to find out. lol I love, love your card and I bet your mother will too. Such fun papers and a fun die cut! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little bird, live the papers you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet card susan. your mom is a remarkable woman. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting the Cardz TV Gallery!